Let’s take a look at Sri Devi’s acting journey, which is nothing less than spectacular
At a tender age of four, she entered the world of acting with M.A. Thirumugham’s devotional Thunaivam. In her acting journey so far, she has worked in Tamil, Telugu, Hindi, Malayalam and Kannada films.
She made her Bollywood debut with film Julie (1975) as a child artist and played her first adult role in Tamil film Moondru Mudichu (1976). She established herself as one of the very talented and leading actresses of Tamil cinema at the age of 16. By the time she made her Bollywood debut with film Solva Sawan (1979), Sridevi was already a teen sensation down South. Though the film bombed at the box office, she didn’t lose heart and returned with Himmatwala (1983) and became a name to be reckoned with in Hindi cinema.
Post her marriage to Boney Kapoor, Sridevi took a long break from the film industry. Many people wondered about her return to cinematic world and she finally did it after 15 years with film English Vinglish (2012), thus becoming the only actress in the history of Hindi and Tamil cinema to make a highly successful comeback.
Surprising Facts About Sri Devi
- Was named Shree Amma Yanger Ayyapan upon birth.
- Is called the first female superstar of Hindi Cinema.
- Hates to celebrate her birthday.
- First time dubbed her dialogues in Hindi for her film Chandni.
- Shot for the song Na Jaane Kaha Se Ayi Hai from very famous film Chaalbaaz despite being down with high fever of 103 degrees.
- Did playback for Sadma and Chandini.
- Has done approximately 300 films.
- The ageless beauty is not set to give many young actresses tough competition with next home production titled Mom.