Spot-on choice of flooring can make or mar the looks of your dream house. When it comes to flooring certain tutoring on what is suitable for what segment of your home goes a long way but team TLJ has brought you all that important information in brief.
Here’s How You Should Choose Wooden Flooring For Both Your Workplace And House
Evolving from mud floors to cement, chips and eventually marble and Italian flooring, the Indian taste of flooring has undergone considerable change over the years. Understanding the concept of flooring is essential, opine experts. Wooden flooring, which was once pegged as a royal indulgence and was found mostly in palaces, elite clubs, five-star hotels and places of special importance, has now become affordable.
“The richness that wooden floor lends makes it really exceptional. Wooden flooring is best suited for bedrooms. It was always looked upon as a royal possession but has now become within the reach of commoners too,” says Sunil Dewan, Senior Architect, Haryana Government.
When it comes to wooden flooring manufacturing, the best in the trade are undoubtedly the manufactures in European companies and it is better suggested to choose your wooden flooring from them. Among the top brands in this class includes Kronotex, a German brand, known for flawless and high quality wooden floors.
“Most 7-star hotels ensure decorating the bedrooms with wooden flooring only. Top Indian hotel chains include the JW Marriot, The Taj, Oberoi’s have chosen wooden flooring for their bedrooms and executive suits,” adds a noted architect.
Where to use which flooring?
Here’s how you should choose wooden flooring on the basis of location:
- Marble and Granite flooring- For heavy traffic area in the home or office, passages and outdoor areas
- Wooden Floor- Bedrooms only
Do not be misled by wooden flooring lookalikes
The least expensive flooring option is laminate. It looks like wood, but it is really a printed paper that is affixed to a wood-chip base or high-density fiberboard, covered with a clear surface layer to absorb daily impact. Its issue is that it can’t be repaired or sanded when scratches or dings occur.
How To choose wooden flooring for your home and office: Quick facts on wooden flooring!
- A solid hardwood floor will provide decades of extraordinary beauty, durable service and flexibility. Remember, solid hardwood flooring can be refinished for changing tastes or excessive wear. It may initially cost a little more, but as trends evolve, it can too.
- Hardwood floors are non-toxic and trap no allergens such as mold spores and dust. Simple maintenance dust mopping, sweeping or vacuuming will keep hardwood floors looking great and allergen-free.
- Wooden flooring can be shifted easily, it can be used thrice or even four times (depending on the life and maintenance)!
- Wood floors are excellent in summers (provide a cooling effect) and equally amazing in winters (gives a warm feel)
- Wooden flooring falls under the category of soft flooring and is excellent for families with children and elderly persons
- The effect of air-conditioner is better on wooden flooring as compared to stone or tiles